Author Topic: One to Whet the Appetite!  (Read 342 times)

Offline SousaTeuszii

• View Profile
One to Whet the Appetite!
« on: December 30, 2005, 12:14:08 pm »
Hi All,
Heres one to spark off the New Years wish lists.
What do you think!

Israeli Mil Surplus Sales

Offline The Blue Max

• View Profile
    • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 02:47:05 pm »
No that stuff is really just over-used rubbish (its the stuff we would be getting rid of overhere if we had it) have a look at Land Operations stuff for example Even elements of the RDF are issued better equipment then that. Though it would be a spectacular sight to see IAC roundals on a F-4 Phantom for me it would be a Childhood Dream come true!!! lol So thanks for the post Sousa its reminding me of my even younger days of wishing what i love to see screaming across the Irish Sky..
Forfaire Agus Tairseacht
 Aer Chór na h-Éireann

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 06:26:07 pm »
F4s, still a potent aircraft with the right armament! They say the KFIR was developed and built in Israel but I thought it was a Mirage-developed in France?

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 08:21:07 pm »
Hi John
The Kfir was derived from the Mirage IIIC and was redesigned around the J-79 engine from the F-4. It was given an extra air intake along the spine, to cope with the demand of the new engine.Sri Lanka has used the Kfir in action agaisnt the Tamil Tigers.Other Israeli variants of Mirages were used by the Argentinians (Daggers) in the Falklands War.
regards
GttC

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 11:47:09 pm »
the south africans did pretty much the same with the mirage as the israelis did and developed the chettah!oh and the kfir is used by the USA as a DACT(Dissimilar Air Combat Training) aircraft or pretty much as an aggressor!though they didnt call it the kfir i think they redesignated it the F-21!new kfirs though are extremly capable ground attack aircraft!the phantom is still a good aircraft,though wouldnt recommend it for a dogfight!it would be more of a BVR fighter with equally advanced radar and missiles but with not the up close manouverability!
above and beyond