Author Topic: Marchetti Fleet for Sale  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Marchetti Fleet for Sale
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 04:48:06 pm »
Quote (GoneToTheCanner @ 12 Feb. 2006,12:25)
after the Air Corps have taken out the firing circuits, of course...

Damn, there goes my hope for some fun ':p'
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be

Offline Turkey

• View Profile
Marchetti Fleet for Sale
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 09:53:38 am »
I am not sure that removal of the firing circuits is absolutly necessary.
I heard a few years ago that some busnessman in Calafornia expressed an intrest in getting them for one of them 'you too can fly a fighter!' places, but like a lot of things one hears.......
I would like to add my name to the list of people who think one should be preserved[hopfully in working order]. 'thumbsup'
But I think they probally have been taken out of use because the Air Corps is moving away from piston engins altogether[has this already happened?- not sure if the King Air thingie is piston or turbo?] so much as I would be in favour of the idea I do not see it happening, it would probally be a waste to preserve it non working when it could be put to use elsewhere.
Ireland, no jets, no future!

Offline SousaTeuszii

• View Profile
Marchetti Fleet for Sale
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 04:15:51 pm »
Hi all,
The advert has now made it to Flight International.

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Marchetti Fleet for Sale
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 08:58:08 pm »
Hi Claudel
The 1400-hr life limit was intended to apply to IO-540s fitted to sport aerobatic aircraft such as Extras and Lasers. It was always ludicrous to apply it to the Don Marchettis because their aeros, whilst vigourous enough, weren't remotely as hard on engine life as those of aerobatic aircraft.Certain persons in Baldonnel decided that it applied to the Marchetti engines,as well.We were tearing down those engines at 1400 hrs and finding them well within wear limits/oil consumption limits,etc.
As for the firing circuits,no civil servant will allow those items to remain in place for a civvie to buy them.I'll bet they will only be allowed to remain in place if a foreign government buys them.
regards
GttC

Offline hendriksf260

• View Profile
    • http://www.siai-marchetti.nl
Marchetti Fleet for Sale
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 01:37:34 am »
hi,

is it known yet, who has won the tender for the seven SF.260W aircraft ?

I would love to be informed when and how they are leaving, and where they are going to.

hendrik van der veen