Author Topic: salthill airshow 2007?!  (Read 636 times)

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
salthill airshow 2007?!
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:32:43 am »
Wow its exceptionally quiet here despite the airshow yesterday!so what did you guys think about the show!?i thought it was good despite the cancellations of some of the acts and the terrible weather and thankfully nobody was seriously injured by the falling door panel from the merlin, im guessing though there is an ongoing investigation into this and as such cannot be talked about?!

come on let us know what you think and upload those pics for all to see! 'pilot_cool'
above and beyond

Offline papa 242

• View Profile
salthill airshow 2007?!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:25:02 pm »
Hats off to you Brian! I dont know how you do it!!! but every year is a treat.I think you,and the team, do more for public interest in aviation in this country than any one I can think of! Thank you all for what must be very hard work and worry!
Myself and the two sons travelled over feeling a bit iffy about the weather,but when one of them heard there would be A10s,that decided it!
Well worth the trip,in spite of the weather!
Loved the Typhoon,would have liked a bit more of the 139 and great to see the T.birds.
EI-GCE looked good in the new paint scheme,she is the seventh  and latest S61 in country for the Coast Guard. 4 fully SAR fitted primary a/c and a fully fitted backup a/c. plus 2 standard backups.

Such a shame about the door incident.always a danger when a/c open to public.One inquisitive tug on an emergency jettison handle can loosen it just enough without releasing it,
until the a/c moves sideways with an open door and the increased air pressure pops the apparantly secure but now loosened panel! Always a nightmare for crews and you really have to check every door and panel b/f.
Had the centre swing door on a Dauphin fall off on me once but managed to catch and hold it till we landed back at the ramp! Would'nt wish it on anybody! hope it does'nt jeopardise future involvement!

Thoughts go out to the injured,hope they are ok this morning.

Again,thanks to Brian and co for a great day and well done ,in spite of the weather!

Offline Buran

• View Profile
salthill airshow 2007?!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 02:15:53 pm »
Does anyone have the list of what aircraft actually flew?
I was a bit late to the show, and id like to know what i missed.

Offline joey1

• View Profile
salthill airshow 2007?!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:00:18 pm »
Hi Buran

ATR Kicked off the show (Nice Paint Job) Jimmy Griffin Yak-52 / Eurofighter typhoon
 I think US Learjet   then Irish Air Corps CASA CN235-100MP Persuader

I presume you saw pretty much most of the show unfortunate that some act had to cancel due to Bad weather

Still a brilliant show

I hope that the "Merlin"  incident will not restrict any static for next years show

'thumbsup'  'thumbsup'
May You Be In Heaven Half an hour before The Devil Knows Your Dead

Offline FiannaFail

• View Profile
Re: salthill airshow 2007?!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:43:32 pm »
Lets hope it will return in 2009 and quiet down the tree hugger brigade!  It might be the only tourist attraction west ofthe Shannon in the new year!
FiannaFail:yikes:
Patricia Guerin