Author Topic: Fouga down in the US  (Read 164 times)

Fouga

Fouga down in the US
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »
RIP

http://www.wesh.com/news/26718972/detail.html

KISSIMMEE, Fla

A small plane crashed Wednesday evening near Kissimmee Municipal Airport, killing two people.

The crash happened at about 5:30 p.m. along Thacker Avenue, near Thacker Elementary School.

Both passengers in the plane, who have not been identified, were pronounced dead at the scene, authorities said.

Video from Chopper 2 showed debris spread across a field. Chopper 2 Pilot Dan McCarthy reported that the plane was a Fuga jet, according to the tower.

The plane's wreckage was about a few hundred feet short of the runway at the airport, McCarthy said.

Stacie Miller of the Kissimmee Police Department said, "It appears that it's broken in half. It did not burst into flames. There was no indication of any type of fire."

Other pilots in the area said the pilots of the plane were doing touch and go maneuvers.

"I heard the loud explosion and I knew that's what it was when I heard it," witness Austin Davis said.

Davis said things looked bad. He was driving down Thacker Avenue in Kissimmee when he said he saw a plane diving out of the sky.

Davis drove to the crash scene to try and help. Instead of a plane, he found pieces of wreckage.

"Three quarters of the fuselage of the plane was just nothing. I mean everything else was just pieces -- a crumpled mess," said Davis.

The crash site has been turned over to federal investigators.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:40:42 pm by Frank »