Author Topic: PC9 Production  (Read 607 times)

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
PC9 Production
« on: February 03, 2004, 11:52:08 am »
There are 6 techies in Pilatus on tech course. The course is very informative and the planes are shiny and new. About another week or so before 260 is ready for test flight and 261 and 262 are in final assy. The rest are still in the main production hangar and in various stages of spraying and assy.

The grey colour scheme is much paler than in the drawings with the underside nearly a white. FTS logo hasn't been sprayed on yet but rest of colour scheme is.

Offline Bailer

• View Profile
    • http://www.bailerweb.com
PC9 Production
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 12:24:26 pm »
Cheers Claudel. Will there be photo's of the Test Flight??
Coisithe, an t-Airm, Óglaigh na h-Éireann

--------------------------
http://www.bailerweb.com

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
PC9 Production
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:22:32 am »
Afraid not at the moment. The swiss are strict on cameras in their assembly and construction areas. We will be allowed access on the day of the first test flip. So maybe next week?

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
PC9 Production
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 11:22:24 pm »
Hey Claudel you jammy get! Are you actually learning anything in Switzerland? Hope the expenses are better than what we got at Aerospatiale, the highest rank was the Whacker, a Corporal, and for 5 weeks we made about £200! Had a great time though!

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
PC9 Production
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 09:29:13 am »
Hey JK I hope so the technology is 40 years on from the SF260 and its all so impressive as are Pilatus and their set up. We were doing engine ground runs today and all I can say is scrap all piston engines to history. Response, power, smoothness reliabilty and all the other stuff that goes with it. No more dud plugs or live mags to worry about!

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
PC9 Production
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 12:15:51 am »
Well hopefully with the Swiss name for quality when you get back the A/C won't need any maintenance so you can all have a slope!

Offline Bitch

• View Profile
PC9 Production
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 07:43:59 pm »
Hi Mick,
Welcome to the Gas Turbine, spells an end of an era for you if you are moving on from pistons, you will enjoy the work on the GT. Good on you over there, I hope you do well out of it, I did well on my trips.

Bitch