Author Topic: IAC Vampire etc at Collins Barracks  (Read 660 times)

Offline Silver

• View Profile
IAC Vampire etc at Collins Barracks
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »
Well I finally made a visit to the National Museum Collins Barracks today!
(Strange how we often travel the world and visit all sorts of museums, yet often take ages to visit stuff literally 'on our doorsteps' ?!)

I was impressed with the Vampire and Magister display ...and ofcourse the Army vehicles display. A lot of planning and thought went into the various military displays, and well done to all involved. :applause:

A couple of questions ...

- IIRC, a Fouga was on display in the courtyard for a period after the Viking ship was removed, how long was the Fouga there, and which Fouga was it?

- Are there any plans to add some info, pics, etc re the IAC's/DF current aircraft/equipment ?

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
Re: IAC Vampire etc at Collins Barracks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:45:37 pm »
Silver,

A Fouga was made ready at The Bal for display at the museum, was actually trucked over to the prepared site but was returned to Casement where it remains as the museum for some reason changed their mind.

Joe

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:43:51 am »

A couple of questions ...

- IIRC, a Fouga was on display in the courtyard for a period after the Viking ship was removed, how long was the Fouga there, and which Fouga was it?

[/quote

Fouga 216 went over twice and returned, use the search facility and don't be wasting Joe macs valuable time, he is a busy man :fryingpan:  :stirthepot: :rotfl:

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:53:56 pm »
IIRC, I saw a brief news report showing a full-assembled Fouga on display in the museum courtyard in recent years...and the reporter said it was 'replacing the now-departed viking ship'. Your reply, Joe, seems to suggest that it was planned to be on permanent/indoor display?!

TK...sorry for being so bold! :airforce_wink:

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 12:40:29 pm »
Hı Sılver

Best of my knowladge aırcraft never got off the truck as dısplay area was not ready. Twıce ! Photo you saw mıght have been taken outsıde IAC Museum hangar before aırcraft was dısmantled.

Thanks for the kınd support Tony ! Suspect I,ll pay for that later.  :bowdown: :thumbsup: