Author Topic: UAV.  (Read 568 times)

Offline Turkey

• View Profile
UAV.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 12:11:10 pm »
Withen limits, anyone could build a radio controlled model aircraft, especally as the control gear can be bought off the shelf.
But, if anyone thinks that that is a UAV, then we are more in need of mental homes then I have thought in the past.
There are many things which a UAV must conform too which a radio controlled aircraft simply cannot fulfill.
If You do not belive me, go out tho the park on a Sunday morning, and have a look, then try and imagin these things carrying wepons, and/or full EM spectrum cameras and doing it reliably, and safely.
It's that area alone where the millions will be spent, yes I said millions!!!
Ireland, no jets, no future!

Offline clan

• View Profile
UAV.
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 11:35:01 pm »
Turkey, a tad naive, no majorly naive to think. A UAV made in Ireland was just a remote controlled aircraft or that the people prosposing this idea were thinking that way.  So 22 years after Holland designed the Submarine the US navy listened, Sounds a bit like an Irish time table so why not start now so we will be just 20 years behind everyone else in 2024.
The technology is already here in Ireland, and in use but for someone else. That is a fact fmolloy and and it and can be bought.
Who mentioned Jets

Fouga

UAV.
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 03:49:45 pm »
Thank you Clan.

Offline Morpheus

• View Profile
UAV.
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 09:17:03 am »
Quote (FMolloy @ 27 Feb. 2004,02:55)
Like I said, pie in the sky.

with a camera

'[:sus:'

twas me that suggested it on IMO....

Fouga

UAV.
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2004, 02:12:30 pm »
Morph i personally would love to see a venture like that!