Author Topic: Salthill 04  (Read 327 times)

Offline Buran

• View Profile
Salthill 04
« on: April 27, 2004, 11:23:55 pm »
Im going to be heading to the Salthill Airshow this year, but im wondering on my timetable and hope you, who have been there before, can give me an idea.

The show is due to start at 15:00, and there is an aer arann flight back to dub at 19:15.
Is there a chance i can make it?
i dont want to leave early or tangle with traffic, so if it would be better waiting for the morning, please let me know.
cheers!

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Salthill 04
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 10:41:36 pm »
Hi buran,

You'll have to leave the show early if you want to get the 19:15 flight from Galway, the traffic in Salthill will be very heavy, you'd really be better off waiting until Monday morning if you can.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Buran

• View Profile
Salthill 04
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 11:20:25 pm »
Thanks for the response.

i think i will wait.
what time is the show usually over?
and is there much to hang around for? i understand that the static show is usually pretty small.
normally at shows i hang around as people are galloping to the exit and get photos of the static aircraft when people are out of the way.

Offline clan

• View Profile
Salthill 04
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 03:06:45 pm »
Buran, while the show itself is excellent, do not expect many if any static displays. The USAF used to have either 2 Blackhawks or a Chinnock in the park. But with the tree hugging brigade bound to object to there presence I do not think they will be present on the ground. As for the Air Corp, nothing maybe an A111 will land for a few minutes then take off and maybe land again. But that is usually the height of the air Corps involvement. The Displays themselves are very good, and it is a free Show. Pm Fouga as he is and Frank are a men in the Know.
Who mentioned Jets