Author Topic: Exchange Tour  (Read 483 times)

Offline CGPILOT

• View Profile
Exchange Tour
« on: April 30, 2004, 12:31:29 am »
A few years ago there was talk of a helicopter pilot exchange tour program with the U.S. Coast Guard. Does anyone have any info on it ot what happened with the idea? How many Dauphins does the Air Corps have?As an Irish-American with family in Cork, I was very interested. Any info would be appreciated!
LT Dan Leary

Fouga

Exchange Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 11:09:11 am »
Just 4 Dauphins and they are getting rid of them the stupid clowns

':angry:'

Offline clan

• View Profile
Exchange Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 11:34:16 am »
CGPilot, Log onto www.military.ie and use the contact page. They should reply back to you quick enough.
We only have 4 Dauphins and they will be retired but it will be a year or two before the replacements are here.
Who mentioned Jets

Offline CGPILOT

• View Profile
Exchange Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 04:05:24 pm »
Thanks for the info. I am looking for a contact. E-mail preferably. I see that that IAC may look at Blackhawks. We have the Jayhawk and are very happy with it. I'd be happy to look into sending some of you gents over here for a tour. Anyone interested? Here is some info on our gear.
http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/hh-60.htm
http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/hh-65.htm
LT Dan Leary

Offline alpha foxtrot 07

• View Profile
Exchange Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 07:28:51 pm »
where are based out of.
you're not lost until you're lost at mach 3

Offline Buran

• View Profile
Exchange Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 10:37:53 pm »
Hey CGPilot, maybe you can answer a question i always wanted to know. Why are most of the HH-65 red with a white sash, but others are the normal white with a red sash?

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Exchange Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 11:14:46 pm »
CGPilot, don't hold your breath waiting for the IAC to even look at Blackhawks! The ordinary bods are the best lads you could hope to meet, but the pursestrings are held by some faceless office bound types who wouldn't know a Blackhawk from a Shi*ehawk!
Before they got the Dauphins there was a lot of training with the Dutch, French, UK etc. Although I don't remember any of them coming to Baldonnel to train with us!

Offline CGPILOT

• View Profile
Exchange Tour
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 11:47:52 pm »
As for the dark orange paint scheme, we send detachments aboard polar ice breakers and the current paint scheme shows up better against the snow(for search and rescue purposes). I think it looks better. How many hours a year do your helo pilots fly? We average 300-400 depending on where you are stationed.
LT Dan Leary