Author Topic: Board Downtime  (Read 335 times)

Online Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Board Downtime
« on: July 29, 2006, 04:34:45 pm »
Hi Guys,

As you may or may not have been aware, the IrishAirPics.com Message Board has been down for the last week or so. This was due to the fact that my ISP was taken over by another company and the website was moved from one server to another.  The problems arose when the website was started up on the new server.

The new server has a different set up to the old one and to make a long story short I had to re-write a lot of scripts to get the website working again, the message board is now working again also.  I don’t know if what I have done will work long term but it is working for now.

Another problem on the new server is that all outgoing emails are SPAM checked and if the outgoing email does not pass certain checks it is deleted as spam, I have no control over this.  I’ve managed to get around this for the rest of the site but what it means for board users is that right now if you are send a private message you will not get a notification email, you’ll have to keep an eye on the board for new messages, that is the reason for me sending this email, I couldn’t send a PM.

Hopefully all is back to normal again, if you spot any problems or something funny with the website please let me know so I can fix it.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Board Downtime
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:28:36 pm »
yip, up and running now :-) thanks!
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
Board Downtime
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:44:33 pm »
No worries Frank,
I am OK as well... so far...  'applause'
Non multi sed multa

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
Board Downtime
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:06:56 pm »
Frank,

good to see everthing is workin' again.

Funny thing is that it looks people on board this forum realy  have missed it the last week.

Keep up the good work and I'll see you in Beauvechien 'thumbsup'

Guinness ':cool:'
Guinness is good for you

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Board Downtime
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 08:26:58 am »
Quote (Guinness @ 30 July 2006,13:06)
Keep up the good work and I'll see you in Beauvechien 'thumbsup'
Guinness ':cool:'

Euhm, Who here on the forum is going to Beauvechain? I'll be there as well. I will probably sit in the Fouga merchandise stall if anyone wants to meet. It will be the last time you can see the Fouga flying and there will be a solo as well as a dual display!
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be