Author Topic: Air Corps Calendar 2006  (Read 1534 times)

Online Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« on: November 25, 2005, 01:58:28 pm »
Hi Guys,

The Air Corps are after publishing a new calendar for 2006 and for those of you who will be going to the Aviation Fair this Sunday (Sunday 27th Novmber 2005) I'll have it for sale there, the price will be EUR 5.00.  All proceeds will be going towards the Air Corps Museum.

I haven't seen the calendar yet and I don't have a cover pic but as far as I know it is A3 in size and there will be a different picture per month, I do however know that this picture is in it for February.

I'll add the calendar to the store after the Aviation Fair and I'll add a picture of the front page as soon as I get my hands on it.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Hess

• View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 03:51:24 pm »
Congrats Frank, nice pic 'applause'
"There is no reason why the poor and wayward should not experience the full effect of air power" - Hess 2005

Offline Optic

• View Profile
    • www.brayairshow.com
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 03:31:04 pm »
Mighty shot Frank (as always) 'applause'
Dave Scully

Online Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:39:11 pm »
Hi Guys,

Glad you like the picture, thanks for the feedback.

I've now got the Air Corps calendar on sale, click on the link below for more info:

irishairpics.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/61/

The cost is EUR 5.00 exclusive of shipping, on the page above you'll find a picture of the front cover as well as samples of some of the pictures in the calendar.

If anybody needs more info about the calendar just ask.

Regards,

Frank.

Online Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:32:42 pm »
Here's a scan of the picture montages on the back page of the calendar:

Regards,

Frank.

Offline John F

• View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 08:16:39 pm »
I got the calender frank , thanks a million.
your service is excellent and the calender is something else, I have it up on my bedroom wall already looking at that daulphin swiming in the lake!!!!!!!!!!!! 'pilot_cool'
John

Fouga

Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 09:20:43 pm »
What is on the Cessna? ? ? ? ? ?

Offline P.Doff

• View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 12:26:30 pm »
Its a Drouge for ground/Air firing. Its on a cable which can winch in and out to about a 1000 mtrs. The sock is there for drag and theres a proximity sensor attached to the cable in front of it. When a flak round explodes near it it registers as a hit. Problem is that with the new flycatcher system they are hitting the cable and blowing away the drouge!! Its "too" acurate!!!

Offline Hess

• View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 03:48:13 pm »
Would any body belive that C203 made a "unique" take off and collected the wind sock?! Thought not!!!    Happy Christmas to all the board 'pilot_laugh'
"There is no reason why the poor and wayward should not experience the full effect of air power" - Hess 2005

Fouga

Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 03:43:44 pm »
The August pic has an A3 dropping an ARW member into the water and he is carrying a Steyr, my question is this..Is the Steyr waterproof or would he have had something to cover the muzzle etc? ?

Offline P.Doff

• View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 04:05:39 pm »
Its a fake one, if you look closely its red plastic!!(I think so anyhow, Ive seen lots of pics from that excercise, correct me if Im wrong??)
A condom over the end of the barrell with an elastic wound tight around its base does the trick otherwise. And when the shit hits the fan you just fire through it!!!

Fouga

Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 05:03:25 pm »
Ah ok but why would the ARW train with fake equipment? Would that not defeat the purpose or training? BTW if it is a fake Steyr would it meet the weight etc of the real Steyr to simulate the real weapon loaded with 30 5.56mm?

Offline P.Doff

• View Profile
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 02:11:08 pm »
The plastic ones are weighted and are used in various models by other forces as well as ours for water training, diving etc!! No point in usung the real thing constantly as Im sure the water would do some damage after a time. In a real world op Im sure they wouldnt be in the water for all that long!!

Fouga

Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 02:13:31 pm »
True i suppose any chance of seeing a Red Steyr?

Offline The Blue Max

• View Profile
    • Intelligence Officer
Air Corps Calendar 2006
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 07:22:14 am »
The Styer AUG can operate perfectly after numourous dips or prolonged periods in water the ARW as example own Combat Diving element have been pictured several times going into action (training scenarios) after surviceing from the merky depths below as the styer is one of the most in-genious design of recent decades in light arms all you have to do is turn the Styer downwards barrels pointing to ground and all fluids will escapes this was proven on a least one occasion when troops were serveing with UNTAET in East Timor in about 2000 when (LRP) Long Range Patrols were conduct through dense timourous jungles and rivers. So in the photo it quite easible be a real styer.
Forfaire Agus Tairseacht
 Aer Chór na h-Éireann