Author Topic: Crash exercise  (Read 437 times)

Offline 202

• View Profile
Crash exercise
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:24:14 pm »
AA website is announcing that the Air Corps is staging a major crash rescue exercise at Casement Friday morning, 2 Dec from 7am to 9am ... anybody with further details? ...

Offline The Blue Max

• View Profile
    • Intelligence Officer
Crash exercise
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 03:06:12 pm »
Did any of yous here about the Incident In Dublin Airport yesterday when an AirLingus Aircraft Developed problems in the Cabin/Cockpit and the Airport Full Emergency Plan was put into place. As I withness (Hapless By-Stander) that after first call of disstress being placed the plan was in full swing in less than Five Minutes, So i think it will be interesting to see how well the Air Corp Preforms similiar to its civil aviation neighbours. I think as usual they will deliver above expected results!

Forfaire Agus Tairseacht
 Aer Chór na h-Éireann

Offline P.Doff

• View Profile
Crash exercise
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 08:06:07 pm »
I can  say that from the alarm sounding to getting to the a/c it took the crash rescue crews  about 1 minute, I know they were forewarned, but they didnt know what to expect when they got there other than an a/c down. Went off qiute well in my opinion dispite they dark, damp morning. From plane down to wrapping up and handing over the scene to the investigators it took a little over two hours which is pretty good seen as the scenario was being changed constantly by the umpires if you can call them that.

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
Crash exercise
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 10:41:10 am »
any pictures from the excercise?!
above and beyond