Author Topic: Flying Kit  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
Flying Kit
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 01:05:26 pm »
Even so FiSe,

I don't think the CinC would like to see his people walkin' around on shows dressed like a moviestar.
I like the uniforms they wear now..... profesional !

Guinness ':cool:'
Guinness is good for you

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
Flying Kit
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 06:13:53 pm »
If you think so...
Just few word like total outsider, who has nothing to do with IAC - if we don't count pieces of plastic in 1/48 scale.
I am delighted, that pilots has their new flying suits - fair play to them...
But what I meant was something different:
When I visited Bray Air Show last year, Army had a big display there, Air Corps? Empty table /well, few book on it/. Yes those overalls were cool
 'applause'
Then we went to Baldonnel, on our announced trip. Our guide wore short-troursers-big-jacket-weary-shoes uniform... I felt sorry for him.

I am not talking about people in the IAC, they are and were friendly, most welcomming and professional in every aspect. We were very moved and planning next trip up-there
Non multi sed multa

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
Flying Kit
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 08:53:28 pm »
FiSe,

I might be just a "clog" but I don't see the point you're making.

First you talk about shiny bomberjackets with nose/tail art and now you skip to the point that the IAC is semi-proffesional on their display.

I'm not in the Air Corps myself but from this side I can imagine that the IAC personel has more on their minds than "looking great" on airshows and displays.
Next to that.. Howmany people are in the Irish Army?
To my knowledge only about 1400 (!!!) people are in the aircorps.

Most of them are happy to have weekend off instead of working on airshows / displays.

Don't get me wrong now... I would love to see the IAC more around but more than that I can understand them when they say that personel is an issue durring these events.

Kind regards,

Guinness is good for you

Fouga

Flying Kit
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2006, 11:19:37 pm »
Irish Army have about 9,500 10,000? around that area i think the reserve have way more but i dont know the exact figures.

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
Flying Kit
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 11:54:25 am »
Guiness: What I am trying to say is similair to your reply... As I know, and I might be wrong, Army and Air Corps has problems with staff numbers, equipment /?/ and I don't know with else...
Unprofesional presentations, identity dilema and total lack of PR can't help /again I am not talking about people within Army or AC/. And that was the point I tried to make with them bomber-jackets, which was maybe little over the top,  but that's just me - no middle way 'yikes'
Non multi sed multa

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
Flying Kit
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 07:02:57 pm »
FiSe,

I like that point:
left or right, Black or White..... no middle way !!

IAC ALL (!!!) the way

Guinness is good for you