Author Topic: PC-9 team - which air show on Sept. 2nd & 3rd  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
PC-9 team - which air show on Sept. 2nd & 3rd
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 08:46:20 am »
Hi Guys,

My understanding of the situation is that the team will eventually be called the Silver Swallows again.  The problem is the aircraft or pilots are still limited in what they can do with regards to aerobatics so when the restriction is lifted and the team can perform to their full capabilities they will then be referred to officially as the Silver Swallows.

The original Silver Swallows set a good standard and I suppose they are just going to try their best in keeping up the great name of the team and will not take the name until they are ready.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline SousaTeuszii

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 11:49:48 am »
Its just unfortunate that the crews who volunteered to train at weekends for the team were told from on high that if they were willing to practice formation aeros at weekends then they could train cadets at weekends instead. There, in true forward looking style ended any chance of dedicated practice by the crews. 'thumbsdown'

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 07:09:44 pm »
Its just unfortunate that the crews who volunteered to train at weekends for the team were told from on high that if they were willing to practice formation aeros at weekends then they could train cadets at weekends instead. There, in true forward looking style ended any chance of dedicated practice by the crews.

Some brains will never change, or will they?

Regarding to Silver Swallows team and, generally, apereance of IAC on airshows, PR is importatnt part of today's military as well. Especially in countries, which don't have direct involvement in some sort of "conflict" positively and widely covered by "home press"...

And next thing, not directly kosher threadwise, but is there any special anniversary colour scheme for next 85th season in the pipes? Or is there even possibility of it?
Non multi sed multa

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 09:40:08 pm »
I just heard that their are some PC9's coming to Beauvechain. Don't know how many. I think 2. They will be static only. I guess the Swallows will go to Portrush.
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be

Offline SousaTeuszii

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 02:17:20 am »
Hi guys,
just heard that the IAC are training Mexican pilots on the PC9 for Pilatus. Aparently it is in return for smoke pods. Maybe there will be a return from the Grey Swallows after all!
ST