Author Topic: Finally some Galway Activity!  (Read 769 times)

Fouga

Finally some Galway Activity!
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:10:30 pm »
Nice to see a PC9M Buzzing Galway City Centre today at 11am lowish and fast! They/It must have been Operating out of EICM as i saw another one at 6pm up high heading due west out to the Islands, can anybody shed some light? Il understand if thats not possible for Operational reasons, just nice to see them over in the west thats all!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:12:50 pm by Fouga »

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Re: Finally some Galway Activity!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:59:14 pm »
What possible "operational reasons" could preclude a straightforward reply???  ;)

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:04:31 pm »
What possible "operational reasons" could preclude a straightforward reply???  ;)

Good question Tempest, as a lurker on this and other forums I would say it is because some people on this forum and the Irish Military Online forum are so paranoid that if you even mention that a PC9 carries guns and a Panhard can travel at 50 MPH the posting would be deleted. :blues:

Offline Pink Panther

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:13:23 pm »

Good question Tempest, as a lurker on this and other forums I would say it is because some people on this forum and the Irish Military Online forum are so paranoid that if you even mention that a PC9 carries guns and a Panhard can travel at 50 MPH the posting would be deleted. :blues:

I have to agree with you, particularly where IMO are concerned.I stopped contributing to it. Don't even think of mentioning the "fiat 139 hanger queens" as they are known  in the don, and if you do, don't expect the thread to stay there for any period of time.

Fouga

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 07:34:49 pm »
and the Irish Military Online forum are so paranoid

Now thats a FACT.

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:58:18 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm not doing the censorship thing on this thread, although I'm not sure about you posting the speed of the Panhard...

Anyway, can we please keep this post on thread and not turn into a website bashing exercise.

And juet to add to the original post about galway activity, for what's worth a CASA flew over my house on the Friday before St. Patricks Day, followed by a pair of PC-9's on St. Patricks Day itself.

The PC-9's are in Galway on a semi-regular basis, I work near Carnmore and occassionally I do see & hear the PC-9's passing overhead.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 11:00:21 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm not doing the censorship thing on this thread, although I'm not sure about you posting the speed of the Panhard..

Regards,

Frank.

Hi Frank,
It appears that the three posters agree ith me. I have always found Pink Panthers points very interesting and informative. A little openness would not go astray which seems to be lacking on the IMO forum and hope that this does not creep into this forum. Sorry but yes I do agree I am new.
Gnat ( I sting)  :-\

Fouga

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:16:22 pm »

Sorry but yes I do agree I am new.
Gnat

And where are my manners! Gnat welcome! Tempest welcome!

Fouga

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 11:20:31 pm »
Ive also read somewhere that the PC9M's use Knock Intl quite a bit too?

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 11:23:04 pm »

Sorry but yes I do agree I am new.
Gnat

And where are my manners! Gnat welcome! Tempest welcome!
Nice one Fouga, thanks and Hi to Tempest.
Gnat (I sting)

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 11:50:42 pm »
Gnat...... I was messing about the Panhard speed! Welcome to the board by the way.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:20 am »
Ive also read somewhere that the PC9M's use Knock Intl quite a bit too?

OMG Fouga, don't say that. IMO will screw you.

Gnat...... I was messing about the Panhard speed! Welcome to the board by the way.
[/quote

Ta Frank for the welcome.
Gnat (I sting)

Fouga

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 04:06:02 pm »
IIRC it was a person who works at EIKN that mentioned it. :smile:

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 10:54:38 am »
Lads, adjust your reality.The PC-9s and the rest will go where they can get a slot to land or practise instrument approaches.There's nothing secret squirrel about a PC-9 doing what the Marchettis(and every Commercial student pilot) used to do for years, ie,go to the quieter airports to shoot the ILS or practise an NDB approach.Nothing sacred about that.As for IMO, they are paranoid about operational security, as they have a right and duty to be.They could quite easily get grief from the DF if the moderators allow any non-public information to slip out.I appreciate that this is annoying but it's not that long ago that even a website such as this, which clearly has the benign approval of the IAC, would have earned official scrutiny.Not everyone knows that a Panhard's alleged speed of 50mph is not a vital State secret.Besides,the average punter has a lot more access to the DF than ever before..
regards
GttC