Author Topic: Tucanos at Baldonnel  (Read 595 times)

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
Tucanos at Baldonnel
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:57:28 pm »
I meant to post pics of the two Tucanos  ZF515 and ZF344 at Baldonnel on Thursday in case anyone is interested
Regards
Tony K

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Re: Tucanos at Baldonnel
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:40 pm »
Do you know anything about the nature of their visit Tony?

Offline Cloud Burst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:04:34 am »
Hi Tony and all,

Did you see the 4 Tucano's that were in the Don about 4 weeks ago? Saw them break and come in to land from my office window. I was surprised that no-one mentioned them on the board. They were black with yellow stripes along the side. Only moved in so camera not to hand!

Good to see the board coming to life again. It's been very quiet here this year.

Regards,

CB

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:16:14 pm »
Really nice pictures Tony.  Nice to see the cooperation between the IAC and RAF with, what seems to be regular visits in both directions.  Wonder would the RAF send something a little bigger and faster sometime.  Nice to see the Tucanos though, wonder what they were here for?

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:33 pm »
Tempest, It was probably a training detail and co incided with the wings ceremony on Thursday. Eight new young pilots, congratulations to all concerned.
Cloud Burst, No I did not see the four Tucanos you mention, pity that you did not have your camera.
Vulcan, Thanks for that. RAF visits ( and other Air Forces) are not a new thing at Baldonnel ( after all it was they who built it!) My first was a Whirlwind XP352 accompanied by a Pembroke WV749 in August 1967. The Whirlwind which stayed for a week was from 22 Sqn. based at Valley and in a return visit Alouette 197 went to Valley for a week. The Whirlwind was zapped on its nose with a shamrock and in turn 197 was zapped with 22 Sqn. badge which it carried for many years.
It is nice to see foreign Air Forces visiting as long as it is not those noisy yokes with hellfire spitting out of their asses..... like Harriers, Tornados, F16, F15 etc etc.  :stirthepot:AH for real aeroplanes like Chipmunk, Provost, Tiger Moth, Spitfire, Spitfire did I say Spitfire!. If there is sufficient interest I can post some other visitors over the years
Tony K

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 12:36:29 pm »
Post away Tony  :bowdown:

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:08:45 pm »
Post away Tony  :bowdown:

Here, here!  Give us Tony.

Offline pym

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:28:46 pm »
Great pics as always Tony!

When are we going to get a book?  :bowdown:

By the way

It appears we have some more French visitors today, at least two! Very busy in Baldonnel despite the weather - by the looks and sounds of things!

Always nice of them to fly over my house to let me know  :tounge:

FAF aircraft are using callsigns 6641 & 6642

Reims, PC-9's, AW-139's all up at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:40:57 pm by pym »

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 06:56:01 pm »
I was just wondering if the Tucanos were in any way associated with the topic discussed under 'PC9s air-firing', and were here to do any training with  the AC PC9 instructors? 

I was reading in an old An Cosantoir about Air Defence regiments vastly increased accuracy in firing exercises agains drogues towed by the Cessnas, and somewhere else I came across an air arm that uses PC9's in target-towing........  any chance of ours getting used in this role?