Author Topic: PC 9 formation  (Read 899 times)

Offline Whiskey Section

• View Profile
PC 9 formation
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:19:45 pm »
Did anyone happen to see a formation of four PC 9's today at around 3pm?  I was out the back garden and they seemed to be in a holding pattern above for around 15 minutes.  Going on past experiences they normally do this prior to getting the call in for a flypast.  Anyone shed any light?

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
Re: PC 9 formation
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:57:38 am »
It may have been for the recruits passing-out parade at Bal. :airforce_wink:

Offline aw139

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:11:56 pm »
hi guys im new to this but just wanted to let ya know that yes i seen that 4 ship pcs 9 formation yesturday they where in close formation over east tallght for up to 25 minits but befro they broke formation and return to balldonell number 4 aircraft fell back out of the formation and was a good bit away from the rest the aircraft it looked like a photo shot from number 4 aircraft of the remaining 3 aircraft i think like i said im new to this so hopefully i can get wing numbers nxt time as i live just half a mile from bal and im right in the runway flight path thanks guys

Offline Whiskey Section

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »
yes I noted the Number 4 was very loose at the back alright.  Got some good footage as they orbited above, will post it on youtube if I get a chance. 

Offline IAS

• View Profile
    • www.geocities.ws/irisharmoredvehicles/
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:39:36 pm »
Does anyone know where the 4 ship PC9 formation was at last Friday, August 5th?

IAS

Offline aw139

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:42 am »
hi ias i dont know where they were on the 5th but theres a video on u tube of four pc9s doing formation flying over dundrum bay in newcastle co.dowm  on the 6th so hope this shade some light for you

regards
aw139 :ireland: