Author Topic: Wings Ireland  (Read 434 times)

Offline Taj

• View Profile
Wings Ireland
« on: February 23, 2004, 05:21:56 pm »
Just a heads up everyone,Im involved in a project to launch a monthly Irish aviation magazine.Funding from advertisers is currently being sought and the design process has begun.
A launch issue of May is what is being aimed for and a profile of the IAC is in the works.Interviews with high level people are also on the cards.I dont want to give too much away yet!!
I will also be doing a profile every month on an aviation related web site and Frank if you are interested i'd like to give irishairpics.com a bit of publicity.
If anyone has any suggestions please feel free......

Fouga

Wings Ireland
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 11:34:07 am »
Contact www.salthillairshow.com
and get them in for the 1st issue, trust me you wont be disappointed as it is the only airshow in the country and FREE! to the public!

You should also do stuff like what Today's pilot mag do such as find an owner of a Particular type of AC like............This is john & next month we will be profiling him and his aircraft etc!

What would be really good would be to give the GA (General Aviation) Community an incentive to fly to another Airport like like today's piloy Mag do they also show an Airport every Issue and give aerial & ground pics and say what is available at the Field/Port and who runs it etc who operates there etc and also they give out food stamps for a Discount on food like a meal discount like 2euro off this & that etc.

Also a Column where pilots could write in where they feel they need to write about what they think should be highlighted like reports such as ex1 i took  off with the toe bar still on the nose wheel etc!!

ANY CHANCE OF A JOB? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Plenty of Air to Air pics also! and maybe some trips abroad to the UK to view some UK GA Airfields and if they are worth taking a visit to by Irish Aircraft!

I have plenty of Ideas!

So Any Chance of a Job?

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Wings Ireland
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 12:09:09 pm »
Hi Taj,

First off I'd like to wish you good luck with the magazine, hopefully it all goes well for you.

As for profiling various websites, if you did a report on IrishAirPics.com I would be very grateful indeed.

And about your article profiling the Air Corps, you know where to come for the photographs, I'm not sure what pictures you have already but I have hi res pictures of all the Air Corps aircraft, except for the Learjet & GIV (extremely hard aircraft to pin down this year), taken in January, including some nice air to air shots of a Marchetti.

If you want to use any of them send me a PM or email, click here to see the best of my pictures from the visits in January:

http://www.irishairpics.com/database/bal_visit_jan_2004.php

I will be more than happy to advertise / promote your magazine on IrishAirPics.com, anything that promotes a greater knowledge of Irish Aviation deserves to be supported.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Taj

• View Profile
Wings Ireland
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:52:13 pm »
Thanks Frank and Fouga,all suggestions and help gratefully accepted!
I'll get in contact with salthillairshow.com-the idea is to create an awareness of what is open to the public in aviation terms.
The provisional format is as follows:
1.News(National,Airport and a smaller section with a couple of major international issues)
2.Feature(Military)
3.Feature(Airline)
4.Feature(Airport/Airfield)
5.GA Section
 In this section all flying clubs nationwide can provide news  and upcoming events up to a max of fifty words.This service is available to flying clubs free of charge.All news must be submitted by e-mail and before the 1st of every month.
6.Flying Club Profile.
7.Company Profile(Aviation Related).
8.Aircraft Profile(Military)
9.Aircraft Profile(Commercial/GA)
10.Aircraft/Pilot Profile(A profile of unusual aircraft flying in Irish skies and its pilot/s)
11.Web Site Profile
12.Aircraft Movements(incorporating the smaller airports also)
13.Letters to Editor

Other sections under consideration are an Irish Aviation History feature and an Air Accident Investigation Report and an Aviation Personality profile.

Fouga,Im sure there will be job oppertunities opening up in the next few months but as you will understand at the moment its just a case of geting a good quality first issue out on the shelves within the tightest budget possible.
I am fairly confident that there is a market out there.There are at least eight foreign titles out there and I know from my own experience-the minute I see an Irish link in any of the titles I  buy it immediately.
Frank I would be very grateful for the supply of some photographs-they are of very high quality and like this site,a credit to you.

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
Wings Ireland
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 10:14:48 pm »
Taj,,
great idea.
If you're looking for info of "mainland" airforces i'd be happy to help you out.

An article about the "Tactische Helicopter Groep" ( tac. Helicopter Group) and an oveview of the RNLAF can be supplied when wanted.

Good luck anyway !!!

Guinness
Guinness is good for you

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Wings Ireland
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 10:35:56 am »
Hi Taj,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like the site & photos.  I've sent you on an email so have a look and see what you think.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Fouga

Wings Ireland
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 10:53:51 am »
Hey thats great Taj, could you send me a PM and we can talk further on this issue, i know people he he!

If it was permitted, a Job with you guys would be excellent, a real out in the field job doing what i like most!

PM me anyways and we can talk!