Author Topic: 5 Year plan  (Read 947 times)

Offline sealion

• View Profile
5 Year plan
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 03:34:48 am »
Quote (clan @ 06 Sep. 2004,10:23)
Have I not read else where, IMO maybe that the anchorage points will be removed shortly and Eithne will be made back into a HPV.

I just told you the exact opposite. Why do you doubt me? Have I ever lied in the past? And that came from the people who have to tie down the containers.

The strongpoints that the TEU sits on has been planted onto the deck. Its not easy to remove,but the deck is still a flat unobstructed area. The Tie downs are like a huge D ring,and have to withstand a 20 tonne load. Indeed with the amount of wind tunnel testing that this part of the ship went through,I would not be at all surprised to see more than 2 boxes stacked here.
IMO recently planted a fake story about new ships to see if they were being used as a media source. Some people here fell for it. Take everything you read there with a grain of salt. Gossip is not to be believed.

No offence to FM.

Offline FMolloy

• View Profile
    • http://www.cushtacsurplus.com
5 Year plan
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 08:41:06 am »
What Clan might be referring to is comments by a Naval officer during the recent NS family day.

When asked about the strongpoints the officer said that they would have to be removed before heli operations could resume. When asked about the resumption of heli ops, he replied 'never say never'.
D'oh!

Offline clan

• View Profile
5 Year plan
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 08:31:18 pm »
I for one fell for the fake story, and I readly admit it. And I know I am not the only one as it was the talk of many officers night out.
If it happens to be turned back into a HPV all well and good if not so be it. But it would be nice to see a nice shiny helicopter from the NS on board sometime.
Who mentioned Jets