Author Topic: Hawker Hind and Hector  (Read 814 times)

Fouga

Hawker Hind and Hector
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 07:06:05 pm »
ever go there spotting? got any piccies you would like to share with us? i believe the UK is more or less ok with spotters right up at the fence judging from some of the pics on UKAR?

Offline acrawford

• View Profile
    • www.geocities.com/acrawford0/index.html
Hawker Hind and Hector
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 08:02:22 pm »
The road goes behind an embankment at the end of the runway, so it's quite easy to park the car and walk up the embankment.

I'm not sure how they treat spotters at present after the bombings in London. I assume anyone loitering near an RAF airbase would come under suspicion.

I've not been up that way in a couple of years, I don't even go the the airshow anymore, nothing of interest ever turns up.

I think the last time I was there a number of F14s were parked at the end of the runway. I'm sure the last airshow I went to the IAC aerobatic team carried out their last UK airdisplay.

Alex
If you don't ask, you'll never know.

Offline Irish251

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
Hawker Hind and Hector
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 12:01:38 am »
Spotting at British bases is still generally OK, to judge by reports on the various military mailing lists.  There is generally an appreciation and understanding of the hobby and some bases hold specific events for enthusiasts - e.g. at RAF Coltishall's photoday last week you could get onto the base and enjoy very close access to aircraft in the hangars, ramp and taxiways.

Fouga

Hawker Hind and Hector
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 12:12:48 pm »
Yes i have seen the pics they are hosted by Iain allen tours? Amazing trips maybe Frank should start up Irishairpicstours! ':p'